15 May 2010

the end?

I spent the tail end of last week considering a major life choice:

to stop homeschooling. At least for now. The possibility of our kids attending a top-rated county school came up.

We haven't made a complete decision, but with me starting school again, and my husband's hectic work schedule, among many other factors-including financial ones-we are beginning to think it might be best to have the older children go to a local elementary school.

I have gotten a few negative responses from people who barely know our family. I have also gotten many positive encouragements.

With prayer, I am trying to make the best decision for our family. I have the poem below hanging on our living room wall.

God be in my head
and in my understanding.

God be in mine eyes,
and in my looking;

God be in my mouth,
and in my speaking;

God be in my heart,
and in my thinking;

God be at mine end,
and at my departing.

3 comments:

brandon said...

Ignore the negative comments, everyone has an opinion and most are far too eager to share it. You and Joe would know what's best for your kids better than anyone else.

And though I don't comment much, I enjoy the blog!

discourse said...

Thanks, Brandon. Do you have a blog?

Any comments are welcome. I know it's rather hard to comment on my personal diary drivel. Hopefully at some point I'll have time to write something that isn't in the category of teen journaling. ;)

Moo! said...

We've homeschooled and put our kids in public schools, they are still our kids. Homeschoolers tend to get a little myopic in our experience. What happens at home is always more important to your kids than what happens in school. You still hold the trump card.