04 May 2010

the grind

As the start date I've set for myself comes closer, I'm getting more antsy.

I was telling someone the other day that I've recently met that I am going to attempt to go back to school in June. She immediately started suggesting private schools I could put the kids in.

That's when I realized I am crazy.

OF COURSE she would assume I was going to stop homeschooling and officially go to a traditional campus.

OF COURSE it makes sense because homeschooling is a full-time and then some job.

Therefore I am a crazy person. It is my intention to go back to school, and continue to homeschool, AND do a really good job at both. Oh, and don't forget, I also need to run my house, keep it clean, tend to bills and that kinda life stuff, take care of a one year old and a three year old in addition to the older two kids, cook meals...I want to start teaching my three year old pre-school type things seriously, potty train the baby when she hits 18 months...the list is endless.

My mother in law this week encouraged me to get more life insurance. Either she's planning to kill me or she was thinking, "Who the heck would do all the stuff you do?"

I already don't get very much sleep at all. 6 hours a night is a miracle. It's usually only 4.

I am going to take classes toward finishing my degree in elementary education online. I'll have to eventually take classes at a campus, and then student teach full time for 20 weeks. I don't know how any of it is going to work, but I have to do it. I want to be able to move on to a Master's.

God help me.

No comments: