I was looking at desks for students (specifically homeschooled ones, mine) and I was excited to find these. Hopefully we can afford them soon. It would be great for the kids not to have to go up to the wipe off board we have to practice writing spelling words and the like. Also, they could write notes on history for copywork and all sorts of things!
In case you're interested: http://www.amazon.com/Lipper-International-Childs-Chalkboard-Chair/dp/B000WXWX32/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header
3 comments:
We have an old tiled-top kitchen table, bought in my single days back in the 1980s, when these tables were everywhere. Only last fall did I realize that it was perfect for writing on with dry-erase marker -- you can diagram a big long sentence on that table!
I never thought of it! We just got an older tile top table...I'm gonna have to try it! I hate going back and forth and back and forth between the board, especially with baby-in-lap-constantly.
Thanks! :)
I can see the advantage to having a desk for each child schooling, though we've never had them . . . I'd love to have ones that open, so each child could leave his/her books inside,and I could use them sort of like a workbox, putting assignments inside for them to get out.
By the way, I think we have a number of mutual friends, via your old Anglican parish, if I'm not mistaken. We turned out to be the Tiber-swimmers of that group. I can relate to your search for truth-in-church, as I like to think of it ... We have a number of Orthodox and Eastern Catholic friends -- Owen the Ochlophobist and his wife used to be part of a reading/discussion group we hosted when we lived in Memphis. You are following a beautiful way!
Post a Comment