
Please pray for my children. My older two. Zachary and Bethany. The things they have to deal with are things I wish I could save them from. Their biological mother exposes them to things and ideas that shock me and break my heart. She hardly sees them, but every time she does it's a new impossible situation. I pray that somehow they can be pure of heart, that their confusion can somehow be dissolved, that all this culminates SOMEHOW into something good.
A new friend at church was recently telling me something one of the priests had told her about a frustrating situation with her younger sister. He said, "God knows the childhood each of us needs."
I think about that a lot. I had a less than desirable upbringing in many ways, but even through that I became the person I am. I know that I wouldn't be the same if my early years would have been different.
Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Some manuscripts: And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God
Or: works together with those who love him to bring about what is good—with those who...
Some manuscripts: And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God
Or: works together with those who love him to bring about what is good—with those who...
I feel sometimes my only hope is to teach them to love God; that He might, in great mercy, work all these things together for their good. Most the time, I feel entrusted with too much. Often, I have enough to deal with just trying to love God myself.
2 comments:
It is hard when you have no control over "exes" and what they do to their kids that you love. Just be the best you can and pray a lot. Eventually if you give some balance they will figure it all out. (s-p with 5 kids with exes.)
What beautiful children, and how hard that must be for you to watch and experience.
I used to worry about our older children, too, when we were in a period of church-flux -- we had left one parish under rather hostile circumstances, and it was as wounding for the children who were old enough to know something was up as it was for us as adults. And this was without any serious extenuating family issues!
By the gracious intervention of the Holy Spirit, they did ultimately happily convert with us, but for a long time I wasn't sure it was going to happen . . . You and they have my prayers.
Post a Comment