The title of this post is the title of the CD I recieved in the mail today, a prize from band of three underage boys of Kingston, Ontario named the Abrams Brothers. I won it after guessing "Shakespeare" on a "Who would we choose from history to collaborate with?" trivia game on facebook. It was an easy guess. I've learned most people who like particular things, like particularly popular things. While that can get rather boring, it gives me a safe guess to win a great album. Also gives facebook a better reason to exist in my world.
Blue on Brown is a tribute to the music of Bob Dylan and Arlo Guthrie. Listening to it has gotten me even more excited about the small bluegrass festival held here each year. I've been every year since we moved here, except when it's been rained out. I would be fine with a perfectly sunny, breezy day by the pond tapping my flip-flop to a wild violin, eating BBQ nachos, and later enjoying a darn good funnel cake. Nothing like the outdoors, good music, and terribly unhealthy food.
My favorite songs on the CD include Gotta Serve Somebody (track 8) and Shelter From the Storm (track 10). The Nashville Skyline Rag -which is the first track- is pristine and just twangy enough to make you sigh.
“As the present will later be past, the order is rapidly fadin’.” -Bob Dylan
Look it up, and buy a CD. You won't regret it. I'm happy blogging with my fiddle tunes and am pleased with the scribbled signatures on the CD cover, even if the mail man cracked the case. The actual disc was intact, thank goodness.
No comments:
Post a Comment