It's interesting to fast, and have a little success at it, and realize you get to a point where you just don't care about eating.
I like it. I'm a food lover, and I like to cook, so it's weird to realize I'm not obsessing about eating. I almost constantly think about the next meal, half from necessity and half from dreaming of yummy things to eat.
Speaking of food. This reminds me of going through the grocery yesterday, and doing our two weeks shopping. I had 4 kids with me and two HUGE cartfuls of groceries. People gawk. The check-out man had to go get another cart and asked me, "How did you manage to fit all this on just two carts?"
Since we're fasting (the kids aren't) we are not buying much regular milk, but lots of soymilk. The kids said they like the soy milk so I didn't buy any cow's milk this trip. That made it so we had 7 soy milks in our cart. People continue to gawk.
Guess what? All that food will be almost gone in a week. These kids never stop eating!
And I found out I can eat some shrimp. Yes!
2 comments:
Oh what a reminder... 5 kids gone and one left at home, we still seem to feed all of her friends at least 4 times a week (which we are glad her friends like being around our table). But we're down to one basket these days. Enjoy shopping, it will seem strange when you are down to one.
haha! I know the looks well...
Post a Comment