Little Theodore was baptized Wednesday. Everything went well, he didn't make a fuss at all, even after he was immersed. I'm very proud of him. He looked handsome and healthy in his gown. Our oldest son was able to serve the same evening and I am also very proud of him- he did things he's never done before to help the priest. Beautiful to see them together in front of the altar.
It is strange seeing your small baby plunged into a tub of water. Three times. I waited for him to cry after our priest pulled him from the font... and I waited, my heart pounding- then my baby boy sort of shuddered and cried out. I immediately thought of his birth, and the same feeling of watchful anticipation waiting for a first cry. An interesting juxtaposition, methinks.
Life is good. I should probably write more about homeschooling here, but I just don't have the time. It's going well this year, I am pleased. I am, as per usual, learning more than I am teaching.
Many years, Theodore!

No comments:
Post a Comment