Well, I'm Orthodox. Officially! Our chrismation was Holy Saturday. I could ramble on and on but here's the short of it: It was a beautiful day, we were early (wow, with all 4 kids dressed nicely, too!), I managed to buy some comfortable shoes which helped the pregnant lady make it through, the kids (and the husband) were impeccably behaved and I am so very proud of them, and it was completely different than Anglican confirmation with a bishop who I didn't think had apostolic succession. Praise God!
Watching our priest repeatedly pray, kneel, then rise, kneel, then rise to anoint all six of us plus two other catechumens who were coming in the Church made me love him more. I didn't think I could appreciate him more after all the trips he made to our house for catechism, and all the time he spent at our kitchen table with us. I'll miss seeing him there on Wednesdays, sipping coffee and cracking jokes. He's a great, gentle, loving priest and I hope he lives forever.
Pascha was beautiful, even though I was half asleep and sure everyone could hear my stomach growl. The deep slumber of the days after Bright Monday, when things finally slowed down for us, has been nice. All the meat and cheese and feasting of Bright Week celebrations has been great.
He is Risen! Now I look forward to learning more, growing more, and seeing my baby son baptized and chrismated all at once. I can't wait to meet the little guy! He has a personality already, and responds to noises, voices, temperature, and has a distinct sleeping pattern. I love him! I can't wait for this summer, minus the heat+pregnancy.
I'm trying to finish a semester of college and decide whether I will take a term break when the babe is born or not. Probably not, I'll just take fewer classes. We're also getting ready to order homeschool materials to go back to what we love in the fall. Pray for me and for my family in the coming flurry of responsibility!
2 comments:
God bless you all and may God grant you many years and peace.
Many years and a hearty welcome! So happy for you.
Post a Comment