04 January 2011

I kiss dem.


Before dinner Elisabeth points to a Christ icon and says, "That Daddy God Christ with book." (Christ was holding the gospel book) Then she points at the Theotokos enthroned and says, "That pretty Mama Tokos and baby Christ. I kiss dem."

Ella asks each morning to go to church. She crosses herself, copying her older siblings, but her cross is up, down, up. Close enough for a not even two year old, methinks.

This one might turn out ok.

4 comments:

margaret said...

Mama Tokos... that's one of the seriously cutest things I've ever heard.

David T said...

I can say with complete absence of sentimentality that I have much to learn from her.

discourse said...

Hey, she asks to go to church but then still expects
it to be talk/play time. Sometimes when one of the kids is whining for church to be over I want to laugh, because they're so honest and I've thought the same thing myself probably.

I wouldn't know anything about anything without my children. I need to see it with them, or I see so narrowly.

Anyway, there's my sentimentality.

Hope you're doing well, David!

David T said...

To quote our friend Ashley, "Love it!"

I'm on the mend, thanks for asking.