We've been visiting in St. Louis. I think this city is well organized, the parts I have seen, and certainly well policed. Cops everywhere. Which is good for the crime rates but rather unsettling when you're driving back to your hotel room after an Anheuser-Busch tour. But I don't like it here. I could not live here...it's too big and busy.
The Anheuser-Busch tour was terrific. It's the most fun I had here. I'm not just talking about the free beer. Did I mention FREE BEER? And, the tour was free. Which, of course, is always good when you have kids. Out of the zoo, the mall, pool, and playgrounds, the kids were best behaved at the brewery. Maybe it was the delicious scent of yeast in the air. Or the massive Clydesdales. Perhaps the energetic guide helped keep their attention. Maybe, just maybe, it was the fact that Mama and Daddy were anticipating free beer and were in especially good moods. One never can tell.
I can say I am now endeared to Anheuser-Busch. Especially after noting that the company is the importer and distributor of Becks in the United States.
The tour was great. The hospitality room at the end of the tour offered free pretzals (very good ones, too) and free beer. They didn't have the Michelob Irish Red that I wanted to try on tap, but nonetheless the two free beers were cold and crisp and lovely. There were pretzals, like I said, which the kids loved, and also soda and water for anyone who didn't want beer.
That's hospitality, folks.
No comments:
Post a Comment