Either my blog needs more pictures, or more posts about breasts.
My husband took my son shooting for the first time today. Elijah shot a nine millimeter. I was a little scandalized because I think generally a nine mil is seen as a gangster gun. Look, it's true. But Joe said Eli was too little for the .45, too much recoil. I guess that makes sense and is a good excuse.
I just don't think a nine mil sounds very knight-worthy. My son is a knight, from Narnia, as he insists. He's quite good at fencing with a wooden sword and shield. He also gets wounded well; he falls to the ground with a groan, grimaces and grasps his pretend gaping wound, and calls for his older sister to come and use her healing-dragonfly-blood-magic-tincture on him. It's quite entertaining. I am proud that he plays fair and takes his licks.
To continue, my son shot a gun today. The type of gun (gangster or otherwise) was of no nevermind to him. He was ecstatic that he shot a tree. A big tree, too! I acted very impressed and asked how big. Apparently, the tree he shot was "big as sky".
He did say the boom of the gun was scary. I think he just says things like that to warn me that certain things are scary, because he doesn't seem actually scared of anything that he calls scary. He said the fireworks on the 4th were scary, but he was very happy and not afraid when we were there. It's nice to think he's trying to look out for Mama. Because, as Daddy says, women are little and scared and need lots of kisses.
Whatever gets me a kiss from a sweaty little boy with big blue eyes, I'll agree to.
No comments:
Post a Comment