06 August 2011

A new love.

My newest son is here. He arrived on August 4th, at 10:09 am. His birth was perfect, short, easy, and he came into the world peaceful and alert. He's thriving already, and is sleeping well. I feel he will be the easiest baby of any of our children. His name is Theodore Owen Eugene. I'm so very happy.

It was funny this labor, asking for the intercessions of St. Anne, St. Theodore, St. John Maximovitch (my priest anointed me before the birth with related oil), my own patron St. James, and of course, the Theotokos and Christ God, the strength was not my own.

With prayers to say to Christ who rose from the dead and bestows life, saints who lived like me to ask for their intercession, with an image in my head of the Theotokos enthroned, looking on proudly with her newly born son...the whole experience was fuller. I don't really know exactly how.

I also cursed less. Which is probably good for my soul.

Many years to Theodore!

2 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

Many years and welcome to Theodore! So happy for you and the family!

discourse said...

Thank you!