I have decided I am useless at blogging seriously. Besides, no one reads this. So it will now become even more random, and pointless, and girly. A bit more like a tween journal, a lot less like an intellectual rant-space. I am not an intellectual. Just plain Jane barely legal.
I have had an entertaining and enjoyable Thanksgiving with family. Joe, the kids, and I made the family buckeyes (peanut buttery goodness dipped in choclate) and some peppermint bark together, and it all turned out really well. We took said candy to the family get together and shared. My six year old, Beth, learned from her uncle that Thanksgiving is really all about capitalism and genocide. Ella showed off her walking skills. Zach and Elijah thoroughly beat eachother with plastic bats in the backyard. I drank hard cider and ate honey ham. Life is good.
2 comments:
You are great! Thank you for being the one to help carry on tradition. It seems that most of our family says the $%^& with tradition, but I believe it is what will make us stick together at the end. Love ya babe!
I got here from a comment on Ochlophobist's blog. Good for you! Nothing wrong with blogging about life without pontificating about it deeply. I have blog envy of people like Fr. Stephen Freeman who seem to crank out heavy stuff at the drop of a hat, but I gave that up a long time ago and just post what's on my mind, sometimes its dumb stuff and sometimes stuff I think is deep but other people think is dumb (my blog is 5 years old now).
If I may shamelessly self promote, I also saw you were inquiring seriously into Orthodoxy. You might check out the audio archives at www.ourlifeinchrist.com I did an Orthodox radio show for about 10 years and these are about 120 hours of programs on almost every conceivable inquirer's topic. I hope you find them helpful (and they're cheaper than books...free!) God bless you all.
Post a Comment